WEB PAGE DESIGN
Website Design or development, can be defined as the process of constructing a web page.
The design of a website will affect the way that visitors find the site (Search Engine Optimization), how long they stay on the site (site stickiness), how likely they are to return (repeat visitors) and the conversion rate of visitors, so if they registered or bought something.
A website developer may use many different disciplines during the process of designing a website including corporate identity, animation, photography, graphic design, marketing, search engine optimization techniques, information architecture, authoring, marketing and the principles of design while taking into consideration human behaviour.
Web pages can either be static or dynamic meaning that they can stay the same or change according to input from a user, changes made by the webmaster or changes initiated by the web or computing environment for example changes to the websites database.
The design of a website must ensure that the site is accessible. Various accessibility principles must be adhered to. These are known as the WCAG (Web Content Accessibility Guidelines). With the advancement of Content Management Systems which allow changes to be made to a website without having any programming knowledge the WCAG are changing.
Duminy Designs is based in George, Western Cape, South Africa and offers full website design and development solutions, providing all the services needed to develop an effective website for any business requirement. Including all aspects of website design, hosting management, and maintenance. Our graphic design skills and ideas guarantee a highly visual presentation of your business, an important tool when looking to turn a website visitor into a customer. Duminy Designs can assist in creating a brand or corporate identity, printing marketing material for your company or creating a suitable online marketing campaign.
Before designing a website it is imperative that you take into consideration the following factors that will affect the design:
- What is the purpose of the site?
- Who will be visiting it?
- What will they be looking for or hope to achieve?
- The types of information that should be included?
- The requirements for compatibility.
- A plan of how the site should be structured in order to meet these requirements.
The basic aspects of website design are:
- The content – this is the information that will be contained on the site. It must be relevant and must meet the requirements of visitors.
- The usability – the site should be user friendly and easily navigable by visitors.
- The appearance – the site should look professional and be consistent.
- Visibility – the site should be easily found by all major search engines.
- With the increasing complexity and specialisation of website development & design the trend is to separate the two